Sunday, August 23, 2009

Good Morning Japan!

This morning I came across an email blast from Going about The NYC Japan Street Fair that was happening today. I immediately texted my friend Mukai to see if she wanted to go with me.

Being half Japanese as well as a Japanese cultural enthusiast, I figured she'd be the perfect token adventurer to explore with in case I needed any help with food explanations and or performance and activities explanations.



Ultimately, after trekking our way up to Mid-town to the much anticipated and over-hyped affair (all via the website that implied the event was supposed to stretch from 43rd Street up to 57th Street), Mukai and I found ourselves elbow to elbow deep in a very packed ONE city block enclosement full of very sweaty people and very hunrgy asains.



After waiting far too long in line for food, we finally got some Udon noodles and snuck off to the side to eat them.



Ultimately though, after narily losing each other in the masses of all the asians in the crowd, (eventually we found each other after having to use our cellphones and lots of arm waving), we patted ourselves on the back for doing something "different" for a change. For me, finally leaving the L.E.S. and going above Houston and Mukai for trekking in from Brooklyn and going above 14th Street.

I think that'll hold me on Culture for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment