Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grandma's Hosta plants & her infamous "Tea"



Yesterday morning, two of my aunts came over to my grandmother's house and dug up some cuttings and transplants to share for everyone to enjoy.

Thinking it would be nice to take a little bit of the fruits of my grandmother's green thumb back with me to New York, my father wrapped up a couple Hosta plants for me along with some English Ivy.

When my father along with my aunts and uncles told me how my grandmother used to have English Ivy growing all around their kitchen walls when they were kids, I thought it could be interesting to see how much I could get started on the LES!

I hope these plants will make it in my not so sunny, small tenement apartment in big, bad New York City.

I did however, turn down the offer to take some of "Grandma's Tea" back with me to New York. My grandmother made this special concoction specifically to help fertilize her plants. Without going into too much detail, let's just say that your olfactory senses don't want to be anywhere in the vacinity when it comes to "serving time."

No comments:

Post a Comment