
Just about 8 years ago, an old friend of mine, April Cantor-Blumenfeld gave me this book as a gift as encouragement for me to get back in touch with the "old Lisa Thi" again. A couple of years before that, Ted Cooley, one of my closest friends from my adolescent years, had also highly recommended the book to me too. At the time, for whatever reason, I filed the book away.
Recently though, this book found its way back onto my bookshelf and this time, I've decided to give it some pause for consideration.
Earlier today while writing an email to another dear friend, with whom (for almost 11 years now) I've carried an ongoing philosopical dialogue, I began thinking about The Artist's Way, and what it had to do with me. At some point in the middle of writing to him, this question came to my mind. Could it be that I've allowed myself to slip away bit by bit over the course of the past 10 years?
With all the ups and downs, dramas, traumas, and other distractions that I've tempered in the past decade, maybe it's time to get back in touch with my 'creative self' and find this 'old Lisa Thi' again. And maybe, after all of this time, this book could just be the right source to help set me on that path.
happy questing
ReplyDelete:)