Tuesday, May 5, 2009

If I Know You

I came across this video a few months ago when my buddy John Carlucci sent me a link to check out the new Solid Gold video he just finished editing. Since it was a "Myspace Featured Video" link, by the time I made it home (two days later) and went to click on it, a new video was already up in the feature spot.

Yesterday my friend Nandor posted this video on his social page and though I realize now, I was mistaken about who the director was, I haven't been able to get the song out of my head.

The Presets - If I Know You

1 comment:

  1. Clever liar, foolin' us all
    Never thought I'd work it out
    How could I have known it was ever about you boy?

    Now there's nothin' to say, cos there's no words
    And we're not talkin' anyhow
    You must have known I was never to doubt you boy

    If it was so fine, it was so good
    Oh you're unbelievable
    All this time I've been living without you boy
    But not your lyin'
    It felt so good, the world don't know
    Now they'll never find out
    How all these years she must've been beside you boy

    Don't forget that I
    Was the one that you found
    And if I know you
    You'll find me someplace new
    I hope I never, I hope I never have to
    We're a waste of time
    And if I know you, learned long ago it's true
    I hope I never, I hope I never have to

    Go and explain, explain it again, boy that this all started
    Found you lying in the arms of another girl
    So stop your crying
    Day after day, year after year
    Far too long it lasted
    You must have thought I was nothing without you boy

    Don't forget that I
    Was the one that you found
    And if I know you
    You'll find me someplace new
    I hope I never, I hope I never have to
    We're a waste of time
    And if I know you, learned long ago it's true
    I hope I never, I hope I never have to

    And tonight, if we learn that the world's on fire
    I guess I'll turn to you
    I hope I never, I hope I never have to

    I fail to find
    So hard to find
    And I can't find a way for you and I to go on like this
    I'm always learning things the hard, hard, hardest way.

    Cause I was the one, that you found
    And if I know you, you'll find me someplace new
    I hope you never, I hope you never get to

    Tonight, if we learn that the world's on fire
    I guess I'll turn to you
    I hope I never, I hope I never have to

    ReplyDelete